Allo Darlin’ is the music of Australian-born, London-based songwriter Elizabeth Morris. Originally from a country town in Queensland, Elizabeth moved to London in 2005 and, inspired to write songs by her purchase of a ukulele from the famous Duke of Uke shop in Brick Lane, began to make music.
Early in 2009, augmented by Terry Edwards of Tindersticks / Gallon Drunk fame on trumpet and sax, Allo Darlin’ cut their first single, “Henry Rollins Don’t Dance,” released in 2009 on the cult WeePOP label. Much to their surprise, “Henry Rollins” started getting airplay on BBC Radio 1, 6 Music and XFM and the like, and received glowing reviews in places such as the Metro, The Fly and The Guardian, the latter calling it “the best indiepop song for years”. The band’s single that followed, “The Polaroid Song,” was named as one of Drowned In Sound’s Top 50 singles of 2009, while their latest single “Dreaming” was voted Single Of The Week by Jarvis Cocker, Peter Hook and Huw Stephens on Steve Lamacq’s BBC 6music round table (beating MGMT, The Radio Dept. and Kate Nash in the process!).
In March of this year they headed out on their first major UK tour as support to The School, followed by trips to the States for SXSW festival, NY Popfest and an East Coast tour, the appearance at NY Popfest leading to a glowing review on the front page of The New York Times website! Steve Lamacq also selected them as his choice for BBC’s Introducing week, resulting in a session at Maida Vale and a filmed interview for the BBC, and they’ll shortly be returning to XFM for a full electric session.
Terms of Purchase
Advance tickets guarantee entry to the show.
Tickets ARE NOT mailed to you.
- They are general admission only and DO NOT guarantee seating.
- For the best seats/position in the music room please arrive 30 minutes prior to show time to pick-up your tickets.
- All shows are 21+ unless otherwise noted.
- A NON-REFUNDABLE service charge will be added to the purchase price of each ticket - in the instance of a show cancellation, this fee will not be returned.
- All tickets purchased through the web site are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- All tickets are NON-TRANSFERRABLE.
- The name in the 'Ticket Pickup' portion of your order will be the name your tickets are held under at the door- if you are buying tickets for someone else, you must indicate their name in these fields.
- Advance tickets are only available through LincolnHallChicago.com (until 5 pm day of show) and JamUSA.com when noted. Lincoln Hall does not have a physical box office. Walk-up ticket purchases are only available at Lincoln Hall beginning one hour before listed show time unless the show is sold out.
- Please add "email@example.com" to your address book to ensure you'll receive your confirmation email.